A FRIENDLY AND HONEST SOMMELIER
WITH EXCEPTIONAL ACCOLADES AND EXPERIENCE.
“I am convinced that life is all about pleasure, learning and discovery.From the dim light of an Andalusia cellar to the sunny Chilean hillsides, I feel the passion and the hard work of the men and women winemakers. “
Franck Thomas began his career in Beaune where he completed his professional sommelier certificate. He then went on to work in a number of prestigious establishments on the French Riviera (the Negresco, the Juana).
His quest for excellence led Franck Thomas to participate in one of the biggest sommelier competitions, with his hard work paying off in 2000 when he achieved the title of Best Sommelier of Europe.
In same year he won Best Sommelier of France and Best Craftsman of France. Four years later he was a semi-finalist for the Best Sommelier of the World.
In 2003 he opened his own restaurant in Nice called “le Parcours “, where he applied his innovative ideas when selling wine. His approach was quickly rewarded with a macaroon in the Michelin Guide.
FRANCK THOMAS’S WORK HISTORY.
“One day I had a dream: to be a sommelier! »
The first few years were difficult …
I had to learn my trade one step at a time, I have worked really hard to reach my high expectations.
I had to persevere.
But I have no regrets, because these latest years have all been worth it. Everyday is a renewed pleasure. I genuinely love my job.”
- Semi-Finalist Best Sommelier of the World 2004
- Best Sommelier of Europe (Ruinart Trophy) 2000
- Best Sommelier of France 2000
- Best Craftsman of France 2000
- Best Sommelier of Provence 2000
- French Candidate for the Best Sommelier of Europe Trophy 2000 / 1999
- Best Young Sommelier of France (Ruinart Trophy) 1995
- Professional Sommelier Certificate from Beaune 1993
- Best Young Sommelier of Provence 1992
- Second in the National Trophy for Bordeaux wines 1992
Alcohol abuse is dangerous for your health, consume with moderation.